Following up on yesterday’s post about the Peace Country’s most famous explorer, here is a little quiz to see how much tricky picky trivia you know about Sir Alexander Mackenzie. You have to the weekend to mull over these questions:
1. In 1792 – 1793, Mackenzie wintered at Fort Fork, near the confluence of the Peace and Smoky Rivers. When was the exact site rediscovered?
2. What did Mackenzie’s crew call their dog?
3. What were Mackenzie’s names for the Pouce Coupe and Kiskatinaw rivers?
4. Is the Mackenzie Mountain Range in the Yukon and Northwest Territories named for Sir Alexander Mackenzie?
5. What language was Mackenzie the first to record in his journal of the Peace Expedition?
If you have an idea for a quiz, remember that your brilliance is always welcome on Town Spirit! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your input.