Just to review, here were the questions from Quiz VI:
1. What were Spirit River pioneers talking about when they spoke of “grey backed fellows”?
2. What did Native Americans refer to as “The Great Spirit River?”
3. Where does the Peace River rate on a list of Canada’s longest rivers?
Did you manage to puzzle out the answers? Let’s check.
1. They meant lice – Mr. Louse.
2. The Great Spirit River is the Milky Way.
3. The Peace River is Canada’s 8th longest river… although it flows into the Slave, number 5, and then the Mackenzie, number 1.
How did you do? Study up, because Spirit River Quiz VII is on the way!
Write a Spirit River Quiz! Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.